Password items show no content in the Modern app

Options
kop48
kop48
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

They show content fine when loaded in the 32-bit app.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2015
    Options

When I first launch 1.1511.50 on my Surface Pro 2, I see that, too, but only for a second or so, @kop48—after that, the content shows up in the details area (the right column).

Based on the fact that the details appeared as soon as the "chasing dots" (under the vault name, in the left column) stopped, I'm assuming that the app needs to finish loading the latest version of the synced vault.

Do those "chasing dots" stop on your device? If so, do details for the selected item show up then?
    _

Update: I do not see this behavior in 1.1511.80. Please let us know how it works for you, @kop48. Thanks!

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

Ah the chasing dots had not completed. I closed the app before they had done so. Now that I re-open it, my vault is just gone. I need to RE-connect to Dropbox once again to download it. It would be great if the app remembered by Dropbox pairing so that I didn't have to keep doing this. It makes the app pretty frustrating to use right now.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

Also, I can see two copies of the chasing dots.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2015
    Options

Regarding the chasing dots: I assume one is for the selected vault, and the other (near the top) is for the vault list.

As for connecting to Dropbox, you should need to do that only once, unless you clear your credentials somehow; otherwise, the app "remembers" your Dropbox credentials between sessions and across devices.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

So, the app doesn't seem to remember credentials. I load it up and it asks me for my master password, but then shows no vaults on screen.

Additionally, prior to this, I left it running for a while. I came back and the dots were still chasing, as well as the items not showing any content. You can also see that the categories show 0 items after unlocking it.

• @kop48 can you please try to open a vault, give it a minute and then send us "settings\live log"? It will let us investigate what is taking so much time to open a vault and why it is not stored in settings.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

#Launched. (0.03 sec)
    Application version `1.1511.80.0`. Architecture `X64`. Device form `Unknown`, family `Windows.Desktop`.
    Args: Kind=`Launch`, PreviousExecutionState=`ClosedByUser`, TileId=`App`, Arguments=``.
    Loaded common passwords: `10000`. (0.02 sec)
    Routed to `op://vault/XG9k5oWOFZA6RXYA0ZEsQWt6xOY`. (0.03 sec)
    `FC-1` is a folder connection with UUID `F`.
    #Logged in. (0.73 sec)
    Routed to `op://vault/XG9k5oWOFZA6RXYA0ZEsQWt6xOY`. (0.01 sec)
    No vaults found and destination `op://vault/XG9k5oWOFZA6RXYA0ZEsQWt6xOY` is unreachable. (0.01 sec)
    Routed to `op://vault/XG9k5oWOFZA6RXYA0ZEsQWt6xOY`. (0.00 sec)
    No vaults found and destination `op://vault/XG9k5oWOFZA6RXYA0ZEsQWt6xOY` is unreachable. (0.00 sec)
    Routed to `op://log`. (0.00 sec)

• SergeyTheAgile
    edited November 2015
    Options

@kop48 we need you to try and open vault first, so you can see at least few items, then we need to look at settings\log.

P.S. You can use email button at the top right when you are on the log screen, it will send log to our support address.

Thanks!

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile That log is from me trying to open the vault. :)

FYI - the log is also copied back-to-front when I go to paste it in an email. Clicking on the email link also does not include the log within the email body, nor as an attachment.

• @kop48 I'm confused :) I see your message came through, I'll reply there

This discussion has been closed.