Hello. 1 Password installed on a new PC is not syncing the current data with Dropbox.

My iPad and android are syncing correctly and up to date. I just installed 1Password on my new PC it's not syncing correctly, as data is missing. How do I get the current Dropbox file into the PC version of 1Password? I'm nervous about data deletion so I uninstalled 1Password and Dropbox from the new PC until I know how to do this correctly. This has never been a problem on a PC in the past.

Please advise how to install correctly and preserve data syncing.

1Password Version: Current for PC 4.x
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:pc sync dropbox

Comments

• @tinpaycheck - We will be happy to help you get this set up on your Windows PC. First let's find out where 1Password on your iPad is syncing to -

Run 1Password on your iPad, go to Settings > Sync > Dropbox - on this screen you will see the path to your vault in Dropbox. It might be something like -

\Dropbox\Apps\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain

Once you find the correct path, Run 1Password on your Windows PC and from the lock screen click on File > Open - select that path.

Please let us know if this helps.

• tinypaycheck
    tinypaycheck
    Community Member

The iPad Dropbox path matches the PC Dropbox path, but the data is not up to date on the new PC. There are logins missing on the new PC. Please advise. Thanks.

• @tinypaycheck - Thanks for letting us know that the path is correct. I'm sorry that the 1Password data is not being synced correctly. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

—Windows—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• tinypaycheck
    tinypaycheck
    Community Member

Hello
    I solved the problem! I used an alternate Dropbox account on the new PC. Now all devices are synced up correctly!
    Thanks for your help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That explains it! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Laura, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.