Master password is not accepted

I use 1password on my Android phone, computer (Windows7), chrome extension and Ipad with the database stored in my dropbox. It have worked excellent until 5 days ago, when it suddenly stopped to accept my Master Password on any platform. It must be something with the vault in the Dropbox, but I don't know how to solve it. I have tried with the support info that are available but without success.
And I am 100% sure that I use the correct Master Password.
Please help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @nlhaman,

That is unusual. Can you tell me if at any time did you change your master password? Not 5 days ago when it was working but days or weeks before that?

For us to get a better grasp of what's going on, could you email us your 1Password diagnostic report. Please use this guide to generate the report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

• nlhaman
    nlhaman
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

Hi @MikeT
    I have sent the report according to yours instruction.

I don remember exactly when I changed the master password, but it was about one year ago.
    And why I'm certain I use the correct master password is because I use it for something else too and there it works.

I have reinstalled it to my PC just for see if that helps, but it did'nt, I have also tried to load an earlier backup but with no positive result.

• Hi @nlhaman,

Do not share any personal information in your posts in the public support form here, I've edited your post to remove the email address.

We got the report and it looks like Grieg has followed up with you. I've looked at the report, your encryption keys hasn't been modified since last year, so 1Password doesn't think your password was changed either.

Reinstalling usually doesn't help because it all relies on the data that's stored outside of 1Password, your encryption keys.

What I did notice is that you have an older 1Password extension in Chrome, which stores its own database.

Can you tell me if you can unlock the 1Password extension in Chrome with the password or you've tried it already?

One more thing I notice is that you're using a different language in 1Password. Have you tried changing your language input to English and unlock 1Password? Does your master password have a character that is based in your language or is it all in English?

This discussion has been closed.