1password for windows -> dropbox

jameswright
jameswright
Community Member
edited November 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

I'm just trialing 1password for windows, I already use 1password 5 for mac, where the vault is shared to my dropbox account. This works well with my ipad/iphones and other macs.

However the windows version of 1password shows an empty vault. I open the vault using my normal password without error. Checking preferences I can see it's linked to the right agilejkeychain file in my dropbox folder.

Is this because I'm trialing the app? Or would this be normal behaviour (i.e. can't share vaults across platform).

Thanks

James.

1Password Version: 4.6
Extension Version: 4.6.0.592
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jameswright,

No, the trial should not affect your data at all, it is only restricting you from adding new items after 30 days and only if you have more than 20 items. It's a mere program restriction and does not affect your data.

First, can you open the main 1Password program, unlock and go to the File Menu > Repair 1Password Vault, does this improve anything?

If not, can you create a new Login item as a test and tell me if it shows up in other 1Password programs on other devices?

• jameswright
    jameswright
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

It would appear that repairing the vault, closing it and opening it again resolved the problem.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

James.

• Hi @jameswright,

That's great, thanks for letting me know.

You're welcome and if there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.