Just installed and experienced sync error

I just installed a trial version for Windows and attempted to sync with my IOS device. Syncing begins but fails with "The operation couldn't be completed. Operation timed out." My computer shows properly on my smartphone, the secret code matches and the sync dialog box is open on my computer. Does this feature only work with a purchased copy of 1Password?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 Ultimate
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• MikeT
    edited November 2015

Hi @cmmcginn,

Can you check your time and date to ensure it is in sync between both the computer and device, the sync requires near-perfect time on both sides before it can sync.

If it is perfect on both sides, can you tell me if when you tap on Sync Now on your iOS device, did you get a prompt on your PC to enter your master password?

The trial does not affect how you sync, only how you create new items after 30 days and only if you have more than 20 items.

• cmmcginn
    cmmcginn
    Community Member

Yes, my computer and the IOS device have the same time and date. I open 1Password and choose sync, then open my IOS device to proceed. Both have matching secret codes.

• Hi @cmmcginn,

Did you get the prompt to enter your 1Password master password on your PC even with the Wi-Fi sync dialog in front of you as soon as you tap on Sync Now on your iOS device?

• cmmcginn
    cmmcginn
    Community Member

No, I'm not being prompted for the master password.

• Hi @cmmcginn,

Ok, that might be why. It's waiting for you to enter the master password on the PC first.

If you tap Sync Now a few more times, does it eventually come up?

If not, do you have 1Password configured to use Unlock on Secure Desktop in the Browsers settings? If you're not sure, go to the File Menu > Preferences > Browsers and look at the Unlock section on the bottom. If it is checked, uncheck it and press OK to save the change. Once you do this, go to the File Menu > Exit and restart 1Password, see if this works now.

• cmmcginn
    cmmcginn
    Community Member

1Password is unlocked on my pc when I try to sync. In the preferences, the bottom box was checked. I unchecked it. After restarting 1Password and retesting, I'm still have a time out problem.

This shouldn't matter, but I'm running Windows 7 on a MacBook Pro using a virtual machine. 1Password on the iPhone detects the Windows 7 computer without a problem.

Also, I notice that 1Password on my iPhone does not prompt me for a password. There doesn't appear to be any menu for configuring it on an iPhone. I've entered the secret code with the spaces between the sets of numbers, so I assume that is correct.

• Hi @cmmcginn,

There is a separate password authorization process for each time you do a Wi-Fi sync, even if the program is unlocked. When you tap on the Sync Now button on the iPhone, the PC is the first to request for your master password and once you enter it, the iPhone will then prompt for the same password you just entered before the sync starts.

Can you reproduce the problem and generate a 1Password diagnostic report afterward, this will generate the Wi-Fi sync logs for us to review, no personal data is included in that log. Please use this guide to generate the report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

This discussion has been closed.