Hi. A website does not accept the generated password. Can't login anymore. Please help.

Hi, first time user.
I changed a password on my first website to a generated pw and now the site does not accept the new pw nor the old one, Please help. Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592 (12)
Extension Version: 4.4.3 ( Mozilla Firefox)
OS Version: 6.2.9200
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Hi. A website does not accept the generated password. Can't login anymore. Please help.

Comments

• Hi @Clemens1234,

Did you try typing in the new password manually instead of using the extension to fill it in?

You can open the main 1Password program, locate your Login item for the site and click on the lock icon next to the password to see the new generated password. Try to type it into the site's password field manually and see if it lets you in.

• Clemens1234
    Clemens1234
    Community Member

Thanks Mike,
    I figured it out in the meantime. The generated pw was too long for the website to accept.

• Hi @Clemens1234,

That is why I asked you to type it in, some sites let 1Password fill in a long password that exceeds the limit and when you type it in manually, the site may stop you from typing further, which gives us the hint of what the problem is.

We're trying to figure how to not generate longer passwords if we can but not all sites make it clear what the limit is.

• Clemens1234
    Clemens1234
    Community Member

Thanks Mike,
    I'll do that in the future. Still finding my way around your program.

• You're welcome, let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

This discussion has been closed.