Has 1Password a protection against Keylogger?

A Keylogger could be installed on my computer without my knowledge
If this happened, has 1Password a protection against Keylogger?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: 4.4.390
OS Version: Win 7-Service Pack 1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• HI @gsbaraglia,

Yes, it's the Unlock on Secure Desktop feature, this prevents other processes from listening in when you're typing your master password in. You can find out more here: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/using-secure-desktop

• gsbaraglia
    gsbaraglia
    Community Member

Thank you @MikeT for your fast answer!
    The Unlock on Secure Desktop feature works when I are typing my Master Password, it's clear.
    But when I use 1P for logging inside an account? No problem with Keylogger in this situation?

• Hi @gsbaraglia,

We do not use your keyboard when filling into the websites, we modify the field values programmatically with one exception. If you manually configured one of the Logins to use Auto-Type, then the content would be typed in manually and could be sniffed by your keylogger. This is also true of any app logins you use for auto-typing into your desktop programs with 1Password.

However, we must stress that once a system is compromised like this, 1Password can't protect you against everything. You must keep your OS and security programs updated, avoid visiting suspicious sites and the usual security habits that each user should have.

This discussion has been closed.