1Password extension showing up partially offset when using multiple monitors

This discussion was created from comments split from: Dialog box positions in Windows.

Comments

• SteveML
    SteveML
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue on my home PC (Windows 7, x64, dual monitors, Chrome with 1Password extension) and it makes 1Password practically unusable. The pop-up window positions itself in the top left corner of my primary monitor with half of the box off the screen (exactly the same as the screen shot posted above). Task Manager is the ONLY way to kill the window and of course 1Password isn't capturing the info for the site in question. I followed the instructions posted above to remove the extension then reinstall the extension. No luck. I'm using a Logitech K20 keyboard/mouse wireless combo but not using their software... just default drivers. This has been a problem for months and finally decided to search for a solution and share my issue. I've also experienced the issue of the dialog box popping up on a separate monitor but this occurs with many applications and doesn't bother me as long as the pop-up is accessible in the middle.

FYI - Everything functions fine on my work PC (Windows 8, triple monitors, Chrome with 1Password extension).

• This is really peculiar.

Are you using different resolutions on the monitors? Or maybe even only use one monitor at times?

• r_mccurrach
    r_mccurrach
    Community Member

I have the same problem. Mine is in the upper right corner. 2 monitors.chrome.windows 7 prof.

• MikeT
    edited November 2015

Hi guys,

I've split your posts from the other thread as it is unrelated.

@r_mccurrach, same questions as Alex asked prior to your post, are you using different resolutions on different monitors?

Do you use any specific tool to manage windows between monitors?

• r_mccurrach
    r_mccurrach
    Community Member

No, I'm just a normal bloke with 2 monitors....

• Hi @r_mccurrach,

Are the monitors the same type, same brand, same size, or are they different?

• r_mccurrach
    r_mccurrach
    Community Member

They are the same. viewsonic va2431wm.

• MikeT
    edited November 2015

Hi @r_mccurrach,

That means they have the same resolution and since you're a normal bloke, you probably are not using a software to manage the dual monitors.

Just to be clear, what happens if you click on the 1Password icon in Chrome, does it also appear off-set or only the unlock/auto-save dialogs appear off-set?

Can you try this next time:

1. Right-click on the icon in the dialog's title bar to select Move
    2. Press the right or left arrow to manually move it
    3. Press the enter key to stop moving it

Does this work?

• r_mccurrach
    r_mccurrach
    Community Member

Hi,

When I click on the icon in chrome, it is fine. It only happens when I am manually filling out a loging and 1PW pops up a window to ask me to unlock 1PW so that it can save a new logon. I have been very clever some times, blindly starting to type my pw, click ok, this bring up the auto save and I can blindly hit the save button!

For moving the auto save, I don't think I can do that. All I see is the bottom of the dialog, so can't click the title bar.

• r_mccurrach
    r_mccurrach
    Community Member

opps: When I click on the icon in chrome, it is fine. It only happens when I am manually filling out a log-in...

• Hi @r_mccurrach

What about this:

1. Press ALT+Space and then Enter. This does the same thing as right-clicking on the title bar to bring up its menu and selecting Move.
    2. Now, use the arrow keys to move it down and to the place you can see it. Press Enter to save it.
  • r_mccurrach
    r_mccurrach
    Community Member

Hi,

Alt-space makes cursor change to the 4 headed move thingy, but when I click on the dialog box to move it, it doesn't grab it and turns back into the normal cursor. When I use the arrow keys, it does work! Is this the best we can do? Why is it showing up partially off screen?

• Hi @r_mccurrach,

Once you press the enter key, it should be able to save it for next time, can you tell me if it still happens afterward?

As for why, we're getting the wrong information from Windows on where our extension should show up. We are trying to find a better or different way to get the data we need. When you change monitor, we often get the data about the primary monitor, not the monitor you're on.

This discussion has been closed.