Windows 10, Chrome Version 46.0.2490.86 m issue

patmcclellan
patmcclellan
Community Member
edited November 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Just updated to Windows 10, Chrome Version 46.0.2490.86 m, fresh update on 1Password App, Update on Chrome and fresh install on the browser extension. The icon shows up in the browser, but clicking it gets an error message: Looking for 1Password Helper. I closed Chrome, went to the app, restarted the helper, reopened Chrome, same problem. I went through all the steps in the Troubleshoot 1Password Helper. Threw the browser extension out, re-installed. Same problems.

Any suggestions?

1Password for Windows version 1.0.9.342
1Password extension for Google Chrome version 4.4.3.90
Windows 10 Home
64 bit x64-based processor

Comments

• MikeT
    edited November 2015

Hi @patmcclellan,

Your main 1Password program version is not compatible, you said you're using 1Password for Windows 1.0.9 but the 1Password 4 extension for Chrome requires the 1Password Helper that's available in 1Password 4 for Windows.

You can choose to install 1Password 3 extension that's compatible with 1Password 1.0.9 or you can choose to upgrade to 1Password 4, which your license already is eligible for free upgrade.

I would recommend upgrading to 1Password 4 in your case here.

• patmcclellan
    patmcclellan
    Community Member

Thanks, that fixed it. However, I've now discovered a new bug with version 1.0.9 -- when you Check for New Version in the app, it tells you that you're up-to-date (when clearly, I wasn't). I supposed there's no point in fixing a bug in an old version...

• MikeT
    edited November 2015

Hi @patmcclellan,

That's intentional, the update checker only checks for the updates available for the major version you have installed, it does not check for major upgrades such as something that changes the big version number, 1.xx > 2.xx > 3.xx.

We did add a message to notify about 1Password 4 being available, I'm not sure why you didn't see it but we'll check on that.

• patmcclellan
    patmcclellan
    Community Member

Thanks for your help Mike! Love the product -- on Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad, and Android.

• You're welcome and thanks for your feedback on our products. We can't wait to show you more, we have a lot of cool stuff coming in the future including the 1Password for Teams service.

This discussion has been closed.