If I upgrade to 1Password 4 for Windows now, will I have to buy another upgrage for Win10?

If I purchase an upgrade now, will I be required to purchase another upgrade when the Windows 10 version is out of alpha/beta?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:license-requirements

Comments

• MikeT
    edited November 2015

Hi @nullkame,

The Windows Store version of 1Password is not the same app as the classic desktop app, they're not an upgrade or related to each other. The Windows Store version will not have all of the features that the desktop program has because of the sandboxing that Microsoft has for its store apps. For an example, it cannot integrate with any apps outside of itself, like the browser extensions we provide with the desktop version.

That means both programs will have to co-exist until Microsoft or we find a way to work with browser extensions for the Windows Store version.

Unfortunately, we do not have an answer on how the licensing will work for both apps. We will release more details later when we're close to releasing the Windows Store app.

For now, if you're buying an upgrade to 1Password 4 for Windows, it is only for that specific version, it doesn't include any future versions, only free updates for 1Password 4 for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.