"1Password.app" was purchased on another computer out of the blue

Options
voimala
voimala
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Mac

Hi,

Yesterday I received a sign in notification on my iMac, today on the Macbook. The app was purchased on that same iMac so clearly the statement was wrong in the first case. Same iCloud account on both computers. I installed the El Capitan update from the app store on top of Yosemite but that was weeks ago. I have been using the app fine ever since.

Why does this message appear? I have never seen it for any other app I have purchased from the app store.

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.1 (15B42)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

There seem to be some oddities with Apple IDs just at the moment and people are reporting having to re-sign in on a number of occasions. See, for example, this AgileBits post in this thread on the 1P for iOS forum. It's definitely happening more frequently in the past few days.

Edit: Strangely, immediately after posting that I had the identical problem when opening a different Mac App Store App. I was told I had to enter my Apple ID in order to use the app. Apple clearly has problems at the moment.

Stephen

• jolly_roger
    jolly_roger
    Community Member
    Options

Are we quite sure this isn't putting us at risk? I shan't sleep well until we get some sort of comment directly from Apple!

• dennis6968
    dennis6968
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

I get this on all my OSX machines so I'm basically stuck now because the password I need to be able to use 1Password is in...1Password.

But, you can do two things to get around this weirdness:

1) Open Safari and go to a page where you can enter some credentials, then right click to open the 1Password extension and you are able to look up the password you need.

2) Get you app store password first as described above. Then Open the App Store app and sign out (Menu > Store > Sign Out. Then sign in again and you are able to open 1Password without further forms to fill in.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@jolly_roger:

I shan't sleep well until we get some sort of comment directly from Apple!

Have you raised the issue with Apple?

Stephen

• RoundhillRob
    RoundhillRob
    Community Member
    Options

I'm getting the same issue with other programs too. So far I've avoided entering my Apple ID in case it's a particularly smooth scam, but it is beginning to sound like an Apple issue - unless we've all been hit by the same scammers?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

For anyone else reading this thread please refer to this sticky at the top of the forum.

Stephen

• @voimala @jolly_roger Were you able to get things up and running again by following the sticky that Stephen linked to? Let us know if you have any questions.

• voimala
    voimala
    Community Member
    Options

Signing in again helped me on both computers.

• @voimala Awesome! If you need anything else, we're here to help out. :)

This discussion has been closed.