Howe can i change a icon from [categories of] a record.

Vivenda08
Vivenda08
Community Member
edited November 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

After a coversion and import in 1Password a have some items with a wrong icon. How can i change this???

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:Howe can i change a icon from a record.

Comments

• Hi @Vivenda08,

Did you convert from agilekeychain to opvault?

Which icon are you referring to, are we talking about custom icons you added to your items?

• Vivenda08
    Vivenda08
    Community Member

First i made à coversion from HandySafe to the 1PassWord format. After that i imported the file in 1PassWord. Checking out the result à have same bankinformation on à icon secret notes. I would like to change the icon for à Bankaccount icon and move the Information to the richt boxes. Hope you will understand my quistion. Regards Johan

• Hi @Vivenda08,

Thanks for the clarification. You are talking about two different category types, the icon just tells you what category they are but there isn't a way to convert between categories, so you can't change an item from a Secure Note type to a Bank Account type.

What you can do is create a new Bank Account item and copy the data from the Secure Note item manually.

Do you have a lot of items inside Secure Note that you want to switch to Bank Account items?

Also, how did you convert from HandySafe to 1Password, did you export from HandySafe as CSV and then import it as CSV in 1Password or did you use the data converter from here: ? /cc @MrC

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 2015

@Vivenda08 ,

If you used my converters with your HandySafe XML export, and your language was non-English, the converter will not be able to match up the field names in order to detect the category (since they are exported in your language). So everything would be placed into Secure Notes. I don't have a localization file for HandySafe.

What language are you using in HandySafe? (I'm guessing Spanish).

Please also confirm if you used the converters mentioned my @MikeT . I might be able to help you by generating a localization file for your language.

• Vivenda08
    Vivenda08
    Community Member

I made the conversion with the convert_to_1p4 utility. My language is Dutch. I am living in the Netherlands.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@Vivenda08 ,

Let me take a look at creating a translation for you. Are you willing to convert again?

• Vivenda08
    Vivenda08
    Community Member

It is a long trip but i will try to convert again if that will help me.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @Vivenda08,

I looked at the languages available for HandySafe for Windows. They are: English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish. I do not see Dutch on the list, so I can't switch to that language and create example entries (which will help me translate).

Are you by any chance using German?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@Vivenda08,

Bump - are you still with us?

• Vivenda08
    Vivenda08
    Community Member

Hereby i am sending you a sample print screen of HandySafe with Dutch language. Sorry fore the delay.

• Vivenda08
    Vivenda08
    Community Member

www.handy-safe.com/download

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 2015

Hi @Vivenda08 ,

I have some good news for you. I've created a version of the HandySafe converter which should deal with your Dutch language.

I've posted the private release for you here. I don't want to post this yet in my _testing directory, because I still have a couple of changes to make in other converters.

Follow the same instructions as previously, with the following changes:

1. Include the new command line option --lang nl-nl to specify that the converter should use the Dutch (Netherlands) language translation file (which is in the file Languages\handysafe.nl-nl.txt).

2. You may include the new -a option to have non-mappable fields go to 1Password custom fields instead of to the Notes section.

Let me know how this works out for you. I'm sure there will be some issues, as it was quite a struggle to get the translations I needed (the good news is, I've created to tool and workflow which mostly automates this, so other language files will be easy now).

ps. thanks for the additional help. I had not realized I needed to re-run the installer to include the additional languages.

• Vivenda08
    Vivenda08
    Community Member

I dont konow where and how to intregate point 1 and 2 sorry.

• Vivenda08
    Vivenda08
    Community Member

is it a idea to run teamviewer for this instructions

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @Vivenda08,

Regarding (1) and (2), just add them to the command line, which you build as per the README.pdf instructions.

Sure, I can help you via TeamViewer. Contact me at my email address (which is at the top of the convert_to_1p4.pl script).

Since we're on different time zones, let me know your available hours.

• Vivenda08
    Vivenda08
    Community Member

Reagarding 1 and 2 i tried to do so but the Message is no recognitiën. The time is Amsterdam so i believe Greenwich minus 1 hout. At the moment iT is 6.05 pm, right now i have to leave in 45 min. I wll be back at 9.30 or 45 Pm. Let me know Your possibilities. Tanks in advanced

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 2015

@Vivenda08,

Ok, that time should be fine. Send me an email so we can start the process.

Get TeamViewer QS, unless you already have TeamViewer and are familiar with it. When you are ready, send me an email.

• Vivenda08
    Vivenda08
    Community Member

I am behand my PC and ready to start TeamViewer

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@Vivenda08,

Send me via email the user ID and passcode, and I'll connect. Don't post them here in the forums.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 2015

A quick status for anyone interested...

@Vivenda08 and I worked through the issues remotely. The version of the HandySafe converter I created to handle localization worked well.

A few incorrect categorizations occurred due to 1) customized key field names, and 2) some records contained the English field names*.

Once we adjusted the field names in a few records, the converter detected the correct category.

One feature that also came in handy was using the --import option to selectively handle only certain categories. With this, we could select a subset of the records that were originally created when HandySafe was run in English (the records contained English field names). The converter running in English mode correctly matched these categories.

This process gave me the idea to have the converter use both the native language and the localized language in field / category detection, and also gave me some ideas about allowing users to add string mappings to more easily support their custom fields.

* Some password managers such as HandySafe do not dynamically adjust field names in records based on the language in use, but rather use the statically applied field name from the language in use at the time the record was created.

This discussion has been closed.