can i use 1 Password with more then 1 User at same time ?

Dear Support Team,

Can i use 1 Password with more then 1 User at same time ?
i plane the Password File on a secure networkshare, with access for 3 People ... did this work ?
Which License did i need ?

ps.: Why is there no contact mail on the Homepage ... i see only the Forum ?

(Sorry for my bad English)

best regards
Marc

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited November 2015

Hi @Draco105457,

Can i use 1 Password with more then 1 User at same time ?

Yes, as long as there is a local copy of the 1Password data folder for each user to sync with. If there is only one copy with three users accessing it, than no.

However, we are working on a better solution with our upcoming 1Password for Teams service that will allow you to do this with any number of users.

i plane the Password File on a secure networkshare, with access for 3 People ... did this work ?

No, this will not work. We do not recommend running the 1Password data folder from a network share, it is very I/O intensive to decrypt and re-encrypt the data folder.

If you store a backup onto the network share and instruct your users to copy it to their local drive and restore from it, then yes, this can work.

If you have a sync tool that can sync between the network share and the local folder, than this works even better and doesn't require a backup copy but you need a sync tool that can resolve sync conflicts for you.

Which License did i need ?

At the moment, you would need a seat license at our business store here: http://agilebits.com/store/business

Once 1Password for Team is made available for everyone, you won't need to worry about licenses and can just pay per user that includes free apps for all platforms.

ps.: Why is there no contact mail on the Homepage ... i see only the Forum ?

The forum provides the ability for you to find previous answers to the same questions that the community has asked before and it also let our team and the community answer your question must quicker than any emails.

If you'd like to email us directly, you can do so with support@agilebits.com or if it is related to Windows specifically, use support+windows@agilebits.com

This discussion has been closed.