I am having a problem with 1password. I just uploaded the new version and am having a problem

Options
irenefoster
irenefoster
Community Member

I just upgraded the 1password version on my Mac book pro and am having a problem with the mastercode. I don't remember it.

1Password Version: 5.4.1.zip
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am having a problem with 1password. I just uploaded the new version and am having a problem

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The best place to start is with this knowledge base article:

I lost or forgot my Master Password. Help!

If you enter your master password incorrectly three times you should see the hint you (ought to have) created when you first entered your master password.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @irenefoster,

I'm sorry to hear you forgot your master password! For your privacy and security, your master password is known only by you. We cannot reset it for you and you cannot change it without entering the old one. There is also no "back door" to access your data without the master password. If there were, that would be a security hole that could be exploited to gain access to your secure information.

Now, if you think you're entering the correct master password but it isn't being accepted, the following knowledgebase article has some tips that might be helpful: My Master Password is not being accepted. What should I do?

But if you forgot your master password and the hint doesn't help you remember it, the article from Stephen's reply will lead you to steps to reset 1Password so you can start over with an empty vault.

I hope this helps, but if you have more questions about that, please let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.