i have a mac app version and am trying to sync to a pc. do i need to purchase that version as well?

i am trying to sync my mac version on iphone/mac to my pc at work. my pc version is asking for a license key. I installed drop box on my computer. do i need to purchase a pc version on top of my mac version?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:how do you find your key?, kb-search:license key, kb:license-file-faq

Comments

• Hi @changerang,

Yes but you do not need to pay the full price, we do offer a Mac+Windows bundle license at our store and if you bought the Mac app already, we can give you a discount to match the bundle license cost by discounting the Windows license separately.

Could you forward your receipt to us at support+licenses@agilebits.com and we'll give you the discount.

• robmack
    robmack
    Community Member

This is my question also. My use case is that I would manage creation and updating of passwords on the Mac, sync using Dropbox to the PC and Android devices I own but only read passwords on the PC Windows using the Chrome extension. So, if I'm correctly reading your response Mike, I need the Mac+Windows bundle. Is that a correct statement?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@robmack: If you want to use 1Password on multiple platforms, each app is a separate purchase. However, since we're able to sell the Mac and Windows versions directly through our website (unlike iOS or Android), we offer a bundle price for those if you want both. And, as MikeT mentioned, if you've already purchased one, just shoot us an email and we can give you coupon for the other to match the bundle price. Cheers! :)

ref: 897124

This discussion has been closed.