Chrome-Extension: Favourites

Has anyone experienced too, that putting "Evernote" to the favourites may put this item at the end of favourites-list (not in alphabetical order like all other favourites)??

1Password Version: 4.6.0 Beta-593
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: Windows7
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@macgordon: I'm not sure I understand what you're referring to. Maybe a screenshot would help.

However, some background information on Favorites might be relevant: previously (prior to 4.5.0.575) Favorites were auto-sorted. However, now the order is customizable. Did you perhaps add your other Favorites some time ago, so that when you're adding a new one (Evernote, in this case), it's going to the bottom? You can right-click an item in your Favorites and move it up or down in the list to order them however yo like. Does that help?

• macgordon
    macgordon
    Community Member

Dear BRenty, sorry to come back lately...

Favorites are not auto-sorted in my case (I use the latest version 4.6.0.592 and as Chrome extension 1Password: Password Manager and Secure Wallet 4.5.1.90 (downloaded from Chrome store). The result seems to be, that there is no alphabetical order in the Favorites in the Chrome extension but they are sorted as added - the new one at the end of the list (see the both last in my screenshot)! (even the order in the 1Password-Software is correct)...

There is no function of right-click and sort manually....?!

Any ideas...?!

• Hi @macgordon,

That's intentional, there are no sorting enabled for Favorites now, new ones are appended to the bottom of the list.

As for right-clicking, you have to do it in the main 1Password program, not in the extension. Here's what it look like:

• macgordon
    macgordon
    Community Member

Thanks, Mike!

That has not been always this way... when I addes Favorites in earlier times, they where added in aphabetical order, I think.

Would that be a suggestion for future improvements...?

And: the right-clicking does work sometimes, but I didn't reach the top of the list this way...?!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@macgordon: Indeed, it was not always possible to manually order Favorites, but it was a popular request (and has been a popular feature on the Mac for some time as well).

While I can't say for certain if and when we'll be able to do so, we'd very much like to improve the UI for this (and overall) in the future — not the least of which so that perhaps we can support dragging Favorites to reorder them. Thanks for your feedback! :)

• macgordon
    macgordon
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty,

I'm not sure if I understand your comment right...

My suggestion for future improvements was to add new Favorites automatically in alphabetical order AND to be able to sort them manually afterwards.

By the way: I'm currently able to sort new added favorites manually by CTRL+ALT+up/down only for 9 steps, so at totally 28 Favorites I can't switch a new one to the top of the list. This only affects new added favorites, formerly added ones I can move up and down to the top and to the end of the list as estimated. Unfortunally I can't say, when this changes... (I use Win7, latest updated version of 1Password).
    Can you experience this as well?

Best, Marc

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

My suggestion for future improvements was to add new Favorites automatically in alphabetical order AND to be able to sort them manually afterwards.

@macgordon: Indeed, those are two possibilities. My point is that we'd like to overhaul it anyway. Ordering Favorites is something that was added later on. We'd like to improve the interface there overall. :)

By the way: I'm currently able to sort new added favorites manually by CTRL+ALT+up/down only for 9 steps, so at totally 28 Favorites I can't switch a new one to the top of the list. This only affects new added favorites, formerly added ones I can move up and down to the top and to the end of the list as estimated. Unfortunally I can't say, when this changes... (I use Win7, latest updated version of 1Password). Can you experience this as well?

Hmm. I'm not seeing this behaviour. Does it change after relaunching 1Password, or perhaps after restarting Windows?

• macgordon
    macgordon
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty!

Indeed, it changed. Now I could sort manually by CTRL+ALT+up/down (after restart).

But: I was not able to do so this morning - even after restart my PC!

Mysterious...

I will wait for your new ideas of the interface....

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Marc

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! Sorry about that. Thanks for the update! The current interface just wasn't designed with this flexibility in mind, so we'll definitely take that into consideration as we develop future versions. Thanks again for the feedback! :chuffed:

• Hi @macgordon,

Did you click on the column headers in the main 1Password program when you're sorting your favorites? These are the headers:

If you click on any of these column headers, it will create a temporary sorted list that will not save any changes you make to the favorites. To undo the temporary view, you have to go to the File Menu > Exit and restart 1Password to keep making changes.

• macgordon
    macgordon
    Community Member

I'm not quite shure, I realized that behaviour regarding the header... but I don't think, that was the problem...

Thanks again.

• Ok, keep us informed if it happens again.

This discussion has been closed.