URL matching

This discussion was created from comments split from: Merging disparate logins.

Comments

• markwoon
    markwoon
    Community Member

This doesn't always work in that the login doesn't get "found". Is this a known issue?

• markwoon
    markwoon
    Community Member

Found an example: wordpress.com and public-api.wordpress.com.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @markwoon,

This doesn't always work in that the login doesn't get "found".

Can you elaborate on what you mean by that? Are you talking about when you open a website with a login form and then open the 1Password extension / 1Password mini? In your example, which URL is listed first in the Login item ("website"), and which is listed second ("website 2")?

• markwoon
    markwoon
    Community Member

wordpress.com is first in the URL list.
    public-api.wordpress.com is second in the URL list.

When I'm on public-api.wordpress.com and hit ctrl-\, I don't get the option to fill in the username/password.

This happens on several other sites too. Some are behind our firewall, and I don't recall the others as I've just accepted the duplicate logins.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@markwoon: Ah! Thanks for clarifying. Since you seem to be using 1Password for Windows, I've moved you to that category of the forums. Just let me know if that isn't the case.

Do you have 1Password File > Preferences > Logins > Enable Multiple URLs checked? If not, only the first URL will be matched. Let me know what you find! :)

• markwoon
    markwoon
    Community Member

That worked.

Multiple URL's should really be enabled by default... Or did I accidentally uncheck this, because I could have sworn it worked at one point.

• Hi @markwoon,

It is on by default for the opvault format but not for the older agilekeychain. The main reason is that it slows down the performance of the extension when it needs to scan the entire database to find the right URL.

We've seen some reports where upgrading Windows would reset some of the settings, so that could've been the case if you updated recently.

• markwoon
    markwoon
    Community Member

Gotcha, thanks.

Started switching to .opvault but discovered it won't work for Android+Dropbox (boooo).

• Hi @markdown,

OPVault is coming to the Android app in the near future, we're still working on it. You could use the Wi-Fi sync now, that will work with your opvault until we add full support later.

• richeldecos
    richeldecos
    Community Member

Man, this has been driving me nuts. I really think you guys should reset it to be checked by default. I would bet there are way more people annoyed that their logins aren't working vs. annoyed by slower performance

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@richeldecos: Sorry or the confusion! Defaults are a tricky business, since whichever we choose somebody's going to prefer the opposite...which is, of course, why it's still an option and not something we enforce for everyone. ;)

• richeldecos
    richeldecos
    Community Member

But changing defaults is a really bad idea in my opinion. Why did I spend time adding extra URLs when they do nothing? And the problem isn't obvious.... I didn't think it was because they were extra URLs, I just thought the app was broken. I never would have imagined it was something in the preferences until finding this thread. Just my 2 cents

• richeldecos
    richeldecos
    Community Member

Oh... never mind I see that you didn't change settings for existing users, it just might have been reset by Windows. I didn't upgrade Windows though. hm. Oh well, so glad I don't have to open the app anymore and can just use the browser tool again

• MikeT
    edited November 2015

Hi @richeldecos,

Correct, we do not change any existing settings for users. We store some of your general 1Password settings in the Windows registry but sometime a Windows upgrade or even a simple update would reset or render some of the settings broken and the user have to disable and re-enable the setting to make it work again.

We may have to see if we can store it outside of the registry for future updates to reduce the impact of the Windows upgrades.

This discussion has been closed.