Beginning the process

I just purchased the bundle for Mac and Windows and have the app on my iphone - I want to begin on the windows side and have set up the vault in my dropbox folder. Once I have all my passwords set up - what would be the next step in the process to get both my mac and iphone in sync with the windows vault?

I noticed on the windows app there is only a sync option for wi-fi. is this the only way to sync across devices is to have them on the same wifi network? I just want to make sure i do this right the first time around I am using a different password manager and it never seems to sync correctly so all devices show the same info and it's so frustrating. I appreciate any guidance for best practice since I'm starting with an empty vault right now.

Emma

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @emma313823,

You can use Dropbox with 1Password for sure, in fact, it's our recommended solution to get 1Password syncing with all the platforms we support.

The Wi-Fi sync works differently from the cloud-based services. 1Password handles the Wi-Fi sync for you while the cloud-based services require you to install their cloud clients on the PC, so it can handle the sync for you.

Here's what you have to do to get started:

1. Move your 1Password folder to your Dropbox folder. 1Password has an option to do this automatically for you, here's how: Go to the File Menu > Preferences > General. Next to the 1Password Vault, you should see the button called Move to Dropbox. Press it and it'll move the folder to Dropbox for you. Before proceeding, wait for Dropbox to finish uploading everything, you should see a checkmark on the Dropbox icon in your notification tray area on the bottom right area.
    2. Now, on your iOS device, install 1Password from the App Store, open 1Password, and tap on Sync Existing Vault and then Sync with Dropbox to have it pick up the vault you just moved into Dropbox in step 1. This guide will help with more details.
    3. For Mac, install Dropbox first, let it finish syncing, and then install 1Password from the App Store or from our website: https://agilebits.com/downloads. As soon as you open it, it should automatically detect the vault from Dropbox and if not, you can point it to the folder in Dropbox.

I hope that helps, please let me konw.

This discussion has been closed.