can't reload 1Password (Windows). recovering from a hard drive failure. don't want 1PW4 now.

when attempting to reload 1PW (1 Password (2013 free version)) it doesn't seem to want to accept it, and defaults to 1pw4 Upgrade. Is that my only choice or can I still keep 1PW? I can't find my last 1PW version, as we're recovering from a Hard Drive failure.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't reload 1Password (Windows). recovering from a hard drive failure. don't want 1PW4 now.

Comments

• Hi @cschmidt,

Can you tell me what you mean by it doesn't seem to want to accept it. What is the error message, is it the incorrect master password or do you have an issue registering your license?

You can use whichever version you want to stick with, we do not like the idea of mandated upgrades. You own your data and the versions you paid for, there will never be a forced upgrade (assuming we're talking about same 1Password versions on same supported OS/browser setup). The problem may be due to updated browsers and OS and in which case, you may need a newer version of 1Password to run on these newer versions.

However, 1Password 1 and 1Password 4 for Windows can read the same .agilekeychain folder, so there should not be a requirement for 1Password 4 unless you've installed the browser extension version 4, which does require 1Password 4's Helper. You can install the older 1Password 3.x extensions instead but certain browsers are no longer supporting it.

We'll help you fix this, let us know what the problem is and we'll figure it out for you.

• cschmidt
    cschmidt
    Community Member

I think I may have an issue with registering my license. When I do enter it (for registration) it gives me " This is not a valid license for 1PW4, but I am eligible for a discount." I've currently got a "trial version" that expires approx 11/23/15.
    Maybe I've loaded the wrong version? How do I find and download the correct version?

• cschmidt
    cschmidt
    Community Member

The correct version would be the Free one, at this point.

• MikeT
    edited November 2015

Hi @cschmidt,

Could you forward us your 1Password diagnostic report, so we can see what's going on. It is possible there might be a second license key that you need. This guide will explain how to generate the report and where to send it to..

Let us know when you've sent it, so we can look for the email in our system and confirm we got it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cschmidt: I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: KAG-71252-125

This discussion has been closed.