1password extension support for the new Vivaldi Beta [Supported as of 4.6.0.603]

cuperhu
cuperhu
Community Member
edited April 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

The Vivaldi browser beta was finally released about 2 weeks ago. With this beta release they implanted full support for chrome extensions . I'm currently able to use all my chrome extensions except 1Password. I get "chrome is connected but its code signature could not be verified". Is there anyway an update could add Vivaldi as a recognized browser?

Thank you for your time!

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @cuperhu,

Since it is a beta, we might not support it until after it is released as a stable version first. We're very careful to not rush adding any browsers to our list. There was a browser we added due to customer's requests but it turned out later to have security issues, so we have to be very careful with trusting new browsers.

For now, you can disable the code signature check via the 1Password's Help Menu > Advanced > Verify web browser code signature and 1Password should work in Vivaldi.

• alexander_grein
    alexander_grein
    Community Member

Vivaldi is final now.
    Could you please add compatibility?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016

@alexander_grein: You can already use it. Just install the Chrome extension! ;)

• alon85
    alon85
    Community Member

I don't think you can...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@alon85: Yep. You totally can!

Have you updated to the latest beta? Is Vivaldi up to date? You may simply need to restart your Mac. Let me know what you find!

• renededreu
    renededreu
    Community Member

Hello,

I seem to have the same issue: Cannot fill item in Vivaldi.
    Restart didn't solve it. I am using the most recent version.

Any advice? Thanks!

• Hi @renededreu,

Are you using 1Password 4.6.604 on Windows? We've added support for this back in February with the 603 update and it has been working since. I just tried this and it is working still.

If you are using that version, it is likely something else is blocking 1Password from working in Vivaldi. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• renededreu
    renededreu
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply! I'm sorry, my mistake; I'm using OSX and 1PW 6.2.1.. I got to this tread by google, I'll post in the OSX category..

• Hi @renededreu,

Just to help you, that's coming in 1Password for Mac 6.3 update. We've added support for it in 6.3.BETA-4 specifically.

• renededreu
    renededreu
    Community Member

:) Thanks! I'll wait for the 6.3 release!!

• You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.