Sync between Windows and iphone, getting error "Bad file descriptor"

Using 1Password for Windows v4.6.0.592 and trying to sync with new iPhone 6s. This used to work on my iPhone5 and Windows 8, not sure if there is a problem there. When trying to initiate the sync on my iPhone, it see my Windows box, but the sync times out with the error "Sync Problem - Error Domain-NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code =9 "Bad file descriptor" "

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:Sync between Windows and iphone, getting error "Bad file descriptor"

Comments

• Hi @jillbrobinson,

We've seen this get resolved by a reboot of the iOS device. Can you restart both the PC and your iPhone first, then try again in this order:

1. Open the 1Password on the PC first, unlock, go to the File Menu > Wi-Fi Sync. Wait a few seconds
    2. Open 1Password on your new iPhone 6S, go to Settings > Sync and try Wi-Fi sync again, does it work?

If not, can you check to make sure your time/date settings are exactly the same between the PC and iPhone.

• jillbrobinson
    jillbrobinson
    Community Member

I followed the instructions as you listed, same problem.
    Time is the same on both devices.

• @jillbrobinson - I'm so sorry those instructions didn't help. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

—Windows—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• jillbrobinson
    jillbrobinson
    Community Member

I do not think I can send you the iOS diagnostics because, in my own troubleshooting, I removed the app and reinstalled on my iPhone 6s. Now when I open the app it wants me to sync.

I have sent the Windows diag.

• jillbrobinson
    jillbrobinson
    Community Member

Here are the support IDs:
    support ID is [#AEV-51497-945]
    support ID is [#AXV-35749-553]

Thx

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jillbrobinson: Thanks! I see that we've received your emails, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: AXV-35749-553

This discussion has been closed.