i can login in apple but not windows with the same master p/w - any thoughts. Thanks

I use windows and IMac with Iphone. I can logon on Apple pc and phone happily but not windows using the same master password. any thoughts. Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:i can login in apple but not windows with the same master p/w - any thoughts. Thanks

Comments

• Canning
    Canning
    Community Member

use windows and IMac with Iphone. I can logon on Apple pc and phone happily but not windows using the same master password. any thoughts. Thanks

• Hi @Canning,

How are you syncing your 1Password database between the Mac and Windows, Dropbox or are you copying the files manually?

• Canning
    Canning
    Community Member

i'm using wifi between my iphone to windows and cloud to Imac

• Canning
    Canning
    Community Member

apologies - just realised i have misinformed you. I sync to my mac using wifi and cloud for windows

• MikeT
    edited November 2015

Hi @Canning,

When you say cloud for Windows, do you mean iCloud Drive? 1Password for Windows does not support iCloud Sync that is in 1Password for Mac/iOS. It can work with your 1Password data folders if you choose to store it in iCloud Drive.

Apple's iCloud Drive and iCloud Sync in 1Password two separate services, so only iCloud Drive works with our Windows app but not iCloud Sync that you turn on in the Mac/iOS apps.

• Canning
    Canning
    Community Member

earlier today i was able to logon to windows and suddenly i can't.
    Regarding the icould - i use the function that is available on 1password

• Canning
    Canning
    Community Member

is there a way to reset the password on windows?

• MikeT
    edited November 2015

Hi @Canning,

is there a way to reset the password on windows?

There is no way to reset password in 1Password on any platforms, that's intentional due to the security design we have as we have no backdoors to reset this, this prevents criminals from using this method to break into your data. Plus, the encryption requires your password to decrypt the data, so in order to change the password, you must know the original password.

Passwords doesn't change out of nowhere, often this is caused by something else.

Regarding the icould - i use the function that is available on 1Password

1Password on Windows does not have iCloud Sync, so it is possible 1Password on your PC is reading a different data file that has a different master password. We just have to figure out how to sync your 1Password data between iOS, Mac, and Windows.

Can you email us your 1Password diagnostic reports from your Mac and Windows PC, so we can figure this out for you. This guide will explain how to send us the report, email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com and we'll reply via email on how to fix this.

Also, let us know here when you sent the reports from both computers, so we can look for it and confirm we have the emails.

• Canning
    Canning
    Community Member

i suppose easy way would be to remove the 1password and reload and sync from my iphone - what do you think?

• Hi @Canning,

Without knowing how you have it configured right now on the PC, I don't know if it is the easiest solution. I still need to see the diagnostic report from your PC to see how it is configured.

Uninstalling 1Password does not remove its data, it'll reload the same data once you reinstall it, the 1Password data is stored outside of the program.

You can technically rename the 1Password data folder, set up a new vault and perform a Wi-Fi sync from your iPhone to your PC but you have to keep the same Wi-Fi sync between iPhone and your PC without switching it to the Mac. You said you're syncing the iPhone with your Mac via Wi-Fi sync, which means you also have to disable the Wi-Fi sync between Mac/iPhone first before switching to the PC.

• Canning
    Canning
    Community Member

Hi - attachment only covers mac not windows and my problem is windows

• Canning
    Canning
    Community Member

sorry - just open it on windows and it shows windows there whereas before i opened it on mac.

• Canning
    Canning
    Community Member

hi - it is asking me to choose help diagnostics in windows but i cannot login - p/w working.

• Canning
    Canning
    Community Member

what i fail to understand it is a master password so it should work on any device so working on and not the other doesnt make sense. i wait for your comments on teh previous message.

• Canning
    Canning
    Community Member

the other thing i forgot to mention was it went wrong when installed the licence

• Hi @canning,

You do not need to unlock 1Password on Windows to get to the Help Menu. Open 1Password, on top, go to the Help Menu > Diagnostics Report > Export to File and email that file to us at support+windows@agilebits.com.

• Canning
    Canning
    Community Member

I have sent the windows file.

Thanks

• Thanks, we got the email and will reply to the email as soon as we finish analyzing it.

ref: VZB-55454-944

This discussion has been closed.