Why doesn't 1Password appear in IE11's command bar? (Ctrl \ works but is tedious...)

I followed all the instructions, but 1Password still doesn't show up in Internet Explorer's command bar (although it's fine in other browsers).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: N/A
Referrer: kb:keyboard-shortcut-not-working

Comments

• AJC
    AJC
    Community Member

Never mind...Figured it out (although it wasn't in the instructions).

Just need to right-click on the IE-11 command bar and manually "add" 1Password to the IE command bar.

• @AJC - Thanks for letting us know that you found that command and for anyone else reading this here are those instructions -

From Internet Explorer, click on Tools on right hand side (not the Tools in the menu bar) > Toolbars > Customize, click on 1Password on left hand side and then click on Add.

• ziggie
    ziggie
    Community Member

I didn't have 1password on the list. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it's working.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well. I've found that sometimes Windows or IE updates remove it for some reason. I'm glad that you were able to get it back by reinstalling 1Password.

It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• AJC
    AJC
    Community Member

Just one more thing ... While the iPW "icon" now shows up in IE-11 (running Windows 10), it doesn't let me create a password or register a license (which is why we bought the Mac/Win "bundle").

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2015

Just one more thing ... While the iPW "icon" now shows up in IE-11 (running Windows 10), it doesn't let me create a password or register a license (which is why we bought the Mac/Win "bundle").

@AJC: I'm not sure what 1Password for Mac has to do with this, so please clarify that for me if it's important.

With the exception of Login items, which you'll generally want to save using the browser extensions, you'll need to create new items in the main 1Password app, not in the browser. Similarly, you can register the app in the Help menu. And you can use the Strong Password Generator to create random passwords for use in Logins.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• AJC
    AJC
    Community Member

I just mentioned our Mac bcs. the 1PW app shows up fine there -- whereas the app does not appear on our "bundled" Win-10 PC (which only displays the 1PW Browser icon).

Question is: How do we get the 1PW app & vault to open on a PC?

• Hi @AJC,

I'm not sure how you're seeing the 1Password icon if the main program isn't installed. You have to install 1Password separately on each PC and Mac, and then you have to copy or sync the 1Password data folder between the computers. You can find the installers from our website here: http://agilebits.com/downloads

For your regular data, not limiting to 1Password, how do you copy or sync your data between the Mac and PC, are you using Dropbox or have a central network storage? We can try to use your existing method to copy 1Password between the computers but we do recommend Dropbox for the smoothest sync experience between computers.

• AJC
    AJC
    Community Member

Ah, success ... Just took an uninstall/reinstall and a few Windows restarts.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.