update existing login but nothing has changed

shining01
shining01
Community Member
edited November 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello,

i have the complete package of 1Password (Windows,Mac,iPhone). I open on chrome every day in our firm the same sites. On each site 1Password ask me wheather i would like to save this login (update). But nothing has changed. Why does 1Password ask this question? Can i change this behavior?
Thanks

1Password Version:4.6.0.592
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version:Windows 10
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• shining01
    shining01
    Community Member

More explanation: the login is already saved

• @shining01 - I'm so sorry that 1Password keeps prompting you to save a login that you already have saved. Does this happen on all sites, or just one particular site? If you are seeing it on just one site, what is that URL? Thanks!

• shining01
    shining01
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

Hello Laura,

thanks for your replay. yes this happens almost on all sites (intern and extern e.g Amazon). But only on gmx i have no problems. this is a intern site which doesn't works: http://otrs.intern.ritter-online.de/otrs/index.pl
    But this is the only intern site which works very well http://openitcockpit.intern.ritter-online.de/openitc/main/login

Thanks

• Hi @shining01,

If it happens on all sites, can you tell me if 1Password was locked before this happened?

If you intentionally unlock 1Password first and then try again, does it stop the auto-save prompt?

• shining01
    shining01
    Community Member

Hello Mike,

thanks for your replay. Ok if i unlock 1Password first the auto-save prompt didn't shown. Than all is ok. But i would like to lock 1Password after a period of time. So what can i do? Thanks

• Hi @shining01,

That's intentional at the moment because with the data encrypted, 1Password cannot compare it to the data on the site, so it doesn't know if you already have it saved. We're working on some ideas that might do a better job in the future.

You have two options to make this work better for your needs:

1. We have an option to disable auto-save while 1Password is locked. This does increase the chance of not getting your new data saved while 1Password is locked but it would prevent seeing these prompts. You can adjust this option in 1Password's File Menu > Preferences > Auto-Save.
    2. Always unlock 1Password first before opening your web browser.
  • shining01
    shining01
    Community Member

Ok Thanks for that info!!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! On behalf of MikeT, you are most welcome! I'm sorry for the confusion, but I'm glad his explanation helped. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.