Syncing Across Platforms

I have mostly IOS devices and Mac OS. However, I do have a Windows 7 Pro PC. I read the article on options to store the vaults and Dropbox appears to be the flexible means for cross platform syncing. If I have iCloud installed on my Win 7 PC can I use that for the cross platform syncs and will it work reliably. I have already paid for upgraded space in iCloud and didn't want to do the same with Dropbox. If iCloud is supported on a PC, how do you configure it to work?

Comments

• Hi @HB3,

The iCloud sync that 1Password has is powered by Apple's CloudKit APIs that is currently only available for OS X and iOS. Apple has not yet extended this to the Windows platform, which means you cannot use 1Password's iCloud Sync with Windows.

If you want to avoid using Dropbox, you can configure your Mac and iOS apps to sync to each other via Wi-Fi sync while using the Folder Sync in the 1Password for Mac app to put your 1Password file into iCloud Drive. This will then sync to your PC via iCloud Drive and you can open it with 1Password for Windows.

Once CloudKit Sync is available on Windows, than we might be able to update 1Password to use it on Windows and you can sync between Mac, iOS, and Windows with iCloud Sync feature in 1Password apps.

Let me know if that's what you want to do and we'll explain the steps to making this happen.

This discussion has been closed.