how to login to eWallet using 1Password in windows

How can I use 1Password to login to eWallet? It requires only a password and no username
Thanks

1Password Version: 4.6.0
Extension Version: 4.4.3.9
OS Version: win 7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to login to eWallet using 1Password in windows

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@marcusss ,

You'll have to Copy the password from your eWallet entry in 1Password, and Paste it into eWallet's password box.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@marcusss: Indeed, it's only possible for 1Password to integrate with web browsers, since they offer extension frameworks. You can still save other login credentials and sensitive data securely in your 1Password vault, and then copy and paste. Cheers! :)

• marcusss
    marcusss
    Community Member

Thanks for the answers.
    I was reluctant to do that, so not to leave on the clipboard the password. Would you know how to make sure that this won't happen (emptying the clipboard...)

• Hi @marcuss,

I'm not familiar with eWallet on PC but if it is just a desktop program with the password field, you might be able to fill the password with 1Password by using the App Login feature with Auto-Type. Here's how it works: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/creating-an-application-login

There's also the Auto-Type button next to the password field that you can use to automate this process a bit.

As for the clipboard, 1Password has a feature to clear your clipboard with a timer. You can find the setting in the main 1Password program via the File Menu > Preferences > Security > Clear values copied to the clipboard after X seconds.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

FYI:

I am unable to get the Enter Your Password dialog to accept Ctrl-\ for eWallet 7 or eWallet 8.

Copy and Paste works fine in eWallet for Windows.

• Ah, thanks for that update. We'll see if we can make it work in the future.

• marcusss
    marcusss
    Community Member

Thanks all, very helpful

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@marcusss ,

You're welcome. Are you planning on moving away from eWallet soon? :smile:

• One more thing @marcusss:

Make sure you copy the password out of 1Password using either the keyboard shortcut, the menu, or the copy button next to the item and 1Password will empty the clipboard after a time period you can define in the 1Password preferences on the 'Security tab'.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.