GUI not clear text Win10

Options

Hello,
today I received my new notebook with Win10 and QHD Display.
After Installation of 1P I recognized that the GUI and Font of 1 Password is unclear.
Do you have some experiences with such issues under Win10. I found a hint which recommend to disable the auto dpi scale function, but then the GUI and Font is very small and the buttons looks terrible.
Can you please give me a hint?

Regards
Finke

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: Win 10 64 Bit
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Finke03: 1Password for Windows is not HiDPI aware, so some display settings can sometimes cause issues. It really seems to depend on the display driver, as I haven't been able to reproduce this problem myself, but its a known issue with some configurations. Please try the steps in this knowledgebase article, as these settings have helped in most cases:

1Password for Windows High DPI settings

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• atvunk
    atvunk
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I've tried following the steps in the knowledgebase article and it does make the text look better, but still not as crisp as my other programs, is this going to be addressed in future releases?

• Hi @atvunk,

Yes, future versions will be developed with Hi-DPI in mind. There are still some scaling issues even with the modern frameworks but Microsoft and other framework vendors have been trying to improve it in all areas. The recent increase in sales of Hi-DPI monitors and laptops has pushed many to re-focus on improving their drawing APIs for us to take advantage of.

If you don't use browser extensions or auto-type, the upcoming 1Password for Windows 10 in the Windows App Store is already ready for Hi-DPI support that you can try out right now. Note: it is still an early beta and currently focused on the 1Password for Teams service for now but local vaults will be improved in the future beta builds.

This discussion has been closed.