Security implications of running under WINE?

Are there any security implications I should be considering if I want to run the Windows version using WINE on Linux? I imagine it's possible for WINE to grab my master password if it was malicious? Assuming I trust WINE, are there any other security compromises I'm making?

In this ( https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-best-Linux-alternative-to-1Password/answer/Jeffrey-Goldberg ) Quora thread Jeffery Goldberg mentions not recommending giving your master password to the third party options. I'd like to avoid doing that.

If this worked, I'd probably exclusively use 1password on Linux and iOS, syncing with Dropbox. I know that setup is not really supported, but am I going to run into known problems?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@doowttam: Ultimately it will depend a great deal on your setup, but even under WINE 1Password still encrypts your data. One concern would be that disabling browser code signature verification (which does not work outside a real Windows environment) would mean that 1Password will not be able to distinguish between a legitimate browser or one that has been compromised. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.