Need three login fields for some web sites

Options
Auricchio
Auricchio
Community Member

I can't find a way to add fields to the "upper part" of a web-login record, to add a field to Username and Password.

Two examples: aa.com (American Airlines) now requires username, password, and last name fields for their web login. Charter.net webmail usually requires id, password, and zip code.

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Auricchio,

There isn't a way to edit a Login item from within in the main 1Password window but if you create a Login item from inside your preferred browser it should have no problems recording and filling multiple fields. What happens is the information is stored in the web form details section and as long as that section matches the page you're trying to fill it will use this information. I like the How to manually save a Login guide for these instances and it's typically all I need.

I don't know charter.net but from previous testing I can say aa.com shouldn't pose any problems if you use this approach. Please do let us know if it helps or indeed if you're still having trouble.

• Auricchio
    Auricchio
    Community Member
    Options

"What happens is the information is stored in the web form details section..."

Ah, never knew that section was there till I viewed it. Thanks.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you have any other questions at all @Auricchio please do ask :smile:

If you have a third piece of information that you do want to store what I do is I create a custom section. Filling won't ever use a custom section but it does allow you to easily view the data. I like to use custom sections for security questions, if I've supplied any non-standard information or if I've used a unique email address but that the username is not the address itself - all sorts of stuff like that. It makes sure I have a visible record.

• shepster
    shepster
    Community Member
    Options

I have this issue with U.S. Bank (https://access.usbank.com). I have tried adding the other field in Web Form Details, but it doesn't work. The third field I am trying to have fill in is RLTSHIPSHORTNAME. Is it possible there is an issue with the length of the web form label?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @shepster,

The best way to encourage 1Password to fill on pages with multiple fields is to save the Login manually. This process will teach 1Password which fields to fill, without you having to muck around inside the web form details.

Please try this:

1. Visit the sign-in page for the website.
    2. Fill in all necessary fields. Do not press Enter or click Sign In.
    3. Click the 1Password button in your browser. Enter your Master Password if prompted.
    4. Click the gear icon and select Save new Login from the menu.
    5. Give your Login item a unique name. When you’re finished, click Save Login.

Does this help?

This discussion has been closed.