license qusetion

Can I see how many macs are using my license?
I probably will sell my macbook to buy a new one,
if there is any way for me to prevent my old macbook using my 1password license?
Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @i43654,

To be honest if you were intending to pass on (gift or selling) a computer that you've been previously using I would strongly recommend wiping the disk with a few passes for reasons of security and install a fresh copy of OS X so that none of your licences, applications and more importantly data is available or retrievable. This guide, What to do before selling or giving away your Mac should help with what you would need to do before wiping and after. When it comes to erasing the disk they don't mention that you should see a button titled something along the lines of Security Options which I would recommend. After that you can be confident that all that is accessible is the fresh copy of OS X and you don't have to worry about 1Password 3 for Mac.

Given you posted in the 1Password 3 for Mac section and that you're looking to upgrade to a new Mac I would recommend checking out our post 1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X as you may want to upgrade to a newer version of 1Password at the same time. You may find a few pieces of software will ask you to do the same depending on how old the old Mac is and what version of OS X you've been running.

Another recommendation I would make is to create a complete clone of the drive before you sell so you have access to every single file for as long as it takes for you to be satisfied that the new Mac is properly set up and you've lost nothing.

Does this help at all?

This discussion has been closed.