I am unable to sync via wifi between my Windows laptop and iphone/ipad. Status is idle on laptop

PC is discoverable on my local (home) network. Also re-started all devices, removed connection to my previous (Mac) laptop, and generated new secret code. Please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:I am unable to sync via wifi between my Windows laptop and iphone/ipad. Status is idle on laptop

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@CSR1: Sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you receiving some sort of error message? Thanks in advance! :)

• CSR1
    CSR1
    Community Member

IPhone and IPad are on IOS9.1; laptop is on Microsoft 10. when i tap on the wifi sync, i am getting "computer not found" message even though all devices are on the same wifi network.

• Hi @CSR1,

Can you tell me if you've already tried going through our troubleshooting guide for Wi-Fi sync here?

If yes, can you tell me which firewall or anti-malware solution you might be using on your PC?

• By the way, just in case, can you open the 1Password app on your iPhone, go to Settings > Vaults to select the Primary vault, and then go to the Settings > Sync. Can you find the PC to sync with?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@CSR1: I'm really sorry you're still having this problem! It sounds like you may actually be suffering from an issue related to the All Vaults view that we've recently identified ("Computer not found"). Please try these steps and let me know if it helps:

1. Disable Wi-Fi Sync in 1Password for iOS
    2. Completely quit the app via the iOS multitasking window (double tap the Home button and swipe the app upward)
    3. Launch 1Password for iOS again and setup Wi-Fi Sync
  • CSR1
    CSR1
    Community Member

hi. the disable sync option is not available on my sync screen (only items showing up are Sync with iCloud, Sync with Dropbox and Sync using Wi-Fi. what should I do?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@CSR1: Then it sounds like the problem is that sync isn't setup in the first place. Please follow the steps here to setup sync and check your network configuration:

Wi-Fi Sync troubleshooting

Let me know what you find: any errors or a particular step you run into trouble. We'll get to the bottom of this! :)

This discussion has been closed.