Thanks for the app - and a few issues...

Options
ejg930
ejg930
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Wanted to take a minute and say thanks for all the hard work that's gone into building the W10 app and congratulations on hitting beta. It's becoming a regular replacement for the Win32 client (and great timing, too - just replaced my iPhone with a Lumia 950XL, so I can use it there as well!)

Of course, there are still a few things that are annoying (that I'm sure are all in the pipeline - hopefully comments like these can help you prioritize, though):

-I cannot wait to see TOTP support. I abandoned Google Authenticator when you rolled it out, and i'm having to limp by on my Lumia without it. Really hope to see this in the next release.
-Not sure what the name of 'default' for my vault represents. I'd like to be able to change that. Can't seem to find a setting in the Win32 app either.
-On mobile, I'm finding it really hard to hit the 'copy' button for a password - the touch target seems to be too small. Not sure if this is a W10 issue or an app issue.
-I'd love to see Hello support for auth, but not sure if that's even possible yet.

Anyway, thanks again!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @ejg930 thanks for the kind words and sharing with issues!

TOTP - yes, that would be really nice to add, I'll make sure this is not forgotten

default is the historical name of the vault. There is no UI to rename it as far as I know, but there is a trick if you are using .opvault format - make a copy of file profile.js (safety first!), then change it in text editor. Look for "profileName":"default" fragment there.

small copy - yeah, I guess we need to make hit target larger.

Windows Hello support - added on todo list.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ejg930, you're exactly right: comments like yours are precisely how we'll continue improving the app, so thanks for sharing them with us!

• jbasilio
    jbasilio
    Community Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

Wanted to add I'm getting scaling issues on my Lumia 950. The menu button gets placed under the phone's transparent status bar. Also, the settings and lock button aren't visible unless I hide the navigation bar.

Still loving the app! Excited for Windows Hello support on mobile.

• ejg930
    ejg930
    Community Member
    Options

@jbasilio, good catch. I'm seeing that too on the XL.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jbasilio, the Nav button being "superimposed" on the top row of icons is a known issue (phones, only) that we're looking into.

I haven't seen the bottom row pushed off the screen like your second screen shot shows, though. Thanks for letting us know about that!

This discussion has been closed.