Importing passwords from F-Secure Key [Converter Available]

WJS
WJS
Community Member
edited December 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello. I have a large database of passwords stored within F-secure's Key password tracking application. I have exported the complete database but it doesn't look like your normal comma separated data. It's a bit of a hot mess. I don't know if the Agilebits team has examined an export from this application but I would appreciate any help. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be supported by the communities' application support, either.

Thanks,
Bill

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows & Mac
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:"F-secure"

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @WJS ,

I'll see what I can learn in the morning about the exported data.

• WJS
    WJS
    Community Member

Thank you.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited December 2015

Hi @WJS,

Ok, the text export is a simple JSON format, easily enough read and parsed, so a converter is easy.

I testing with the free (non premium) version of F-Secure KEY, and it seems to support only a Passwords category. But in the JSON export, there are hints that it also supports perhaps credit or bank cards. What types of categories do you have in your version? I'm testing with the Windows version, since you've posted in the Windows forum here.

• WJS
    WJS
    Community Member

Hi @MrC,

There aren't any categories, at least none that I see or use. There are different icons and colors one can assign an entry but that's it. The premium version simply allows one to sync across devices & platforms. So as far as the entry fields go, what you see in the free version is the same in the premium:

Description
    Username
    Password
    Web Address
    Notes

Thanks very much for helping!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@WJS,

Perfect. Converter in progress now...

Do you want to convert on OS X or Windows? I see you've mentioned you have both versions of 1Password. You'll find the OS X conversion simplest.

• WJS
    WJS
    Community Member

@MrC, I'm OS X right now so that works! :)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@WJS,

The converter is ready. It has been tested on Windows and OS X. Download the 1.08 version in Testing Bits as mentioned in the first post of the converter suite thread, and follow the directions in the first post and in the README file. If you convert on OS X, use the AppleScript Conversion Helper for the easiest conversion.

In this case, you may export the data file on either OS X or Windows, and then convert on either platform.

• WJS
    WJS
    Community Member

@MrC, thank you very much! I'll get started right now.

• WJS
    WJS
    Community Member

@MrC, well that was easy! I hope adding Key to the utility was just as easy. I can't thank you enough!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@WJS,

You're very welcome. Glad to be of service. Enjoy 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.