License

If I purchase a single license, will that be for life or is it a annual subscription, if there are upgrades to the program will we have to pay again??

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Clintc21: A 1Password for Windows license is just that: a license key that entitles you (and up to 5 family members in the same household) to use that version of 1Password on all of your PCs.

Minor releases are free updates, and major releases will generally be paid upgrades. The most recent major version, for example, was 4.0, which was a paid upgrade for existing customers. We offer upgrade discounts to current customers. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions! :)

• Hi @Clintc21,

To expand on this, the license does not expire on its own. New installations would validate the license key against our server but once it is validated, it'll remain valid for good as long as your user account has not been reset since we store a license file in your user folder.

However, the 1Password version has its own OS compatibility limits, meaning that if you buy 1Password 4 for Windows, it will run on Windows 7, 8, and 10 for good. Whatever version of Windows comes next is not promised and may need an upgrade.

This discussion has been closed.