"Your 1Password Vault is Locked" dialog

On your page agilebits.com/onepassword/windows you show the standard "Your 1Password Vault is Locked" dialog box with its animated keyhole graphic and optional unlocking sound.
This dialog is occasionally displayed on my PC, but very very rarely. Instead I see a much smaller (11 x 5 cm), boringly simple dialog that serves the same purpose but without animation and sound. I have noticed no pattern to the appearance/disappearance of the real thing.
Since I don't know what to call the dialog, I can't search for past problems & solutions.
How can I force my 1P to use the bigger, better dialog always?

1Password: 4.6.0.592
Extension: 4.5.0.b2
Sync: Dropbox 3.10.11

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Kriegie: After a great deal of confusion and careful consideration, the only things I can think of that you might be describing as the 'much smaller (11 x 5 cm), boringly simple dialog that serves the same purpose but without animation and sound' would be the browser extension unlock dialog, possibly using Secure Desktop. This is an option, disabled by default, in 1Password File > Preferences > Browsers > Unlock on Secure Desktop — and of course in both cases the same sound effects are used.

Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Thanks in advance! :)

• Kriegie
    Kriegie
    Community Member

Thanks for the answer, brenty - you've hit the nail on the head . . . but you should've aimed at _my _head.
    I have Secure Desktop enabled, which was at the root of my confusion.
    As for mentioning how big the dialog box appears on my PC, well that was a bit stupid given the myriad of screen resolutions etc., but in my defence my original intention had been to give the size of the larger version for comparison, but failed.
    Apart from this if I'm not mistaken I've asked a similar question in the past.
    Ah well, must be getting old faster than I thought...

• Ah, that makes sense. I'm glad you got it figured out. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.