Can I import a 1ptbackup file from 1password 3.7.2 into 1password for Windows 4.6.0.592?

I am trying to import all 130+ passwords from my iPhone's 1Passwords app 3.7.2 into 1Password for Windows 4.6.0.592.
Is there a way to do that without having to try and upgrade the app on the phone. I don't have much space left on my phone and I'm not sure what all I can delete in order to upgrade to iOS 9 so that I can upgrade the 1password app on my phone and import the file to the phone in order to back it up and import it into my PC.

1Password Version: 3.7.2 & 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 7.1.2 & Windows 10
Sync Type: backup & import
Referrer: forum-search:Can I import a 1ptbackup file from 1password 3.7.2 into 1password for Windows 4.6.0.592?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 2015

Hi @Dpz,

Do you have data already in 1Password 4 on your PC or are you starting with a new vault to pull data from your iPhone?

Unfortunately, you cannot sync between 1Password 3.7.2 for iOS and 1Password 4 for Windows via Wi-Fi Sync, the Wi-Fi sync is different in 1Password 3.7.2 for iOS.

[Update: I incorrectly have the info wrong about the Wi-Fi sync in 1Password 1.x]

• Dpz
    Dpz
    Community Member

I have it installed already. I've only added two passwords manually to it. I was hoping to just transfer my information with an import.

Where can I get previous versions of 1password? I've looked in the downloads page but it only has the latest version.

• Hi @Dpz,

I apologize for my mixup, only the previous version of Mac had the older Wi-Fi sync, the Windows app didn't. You were entirely correct in what you would have to do, upgrade to iOS 9 and migrate the data from the 3.7.2 version of 1Password for iOS to 1Password 6 for iOS.

Before you do anything, make sure to back up your iPhone with iTunes and also back up your 1Password data on the iPhone like this:

1. Ensure your computer and iOS device are both connected to the same wireless network.
    2. On your iOS device, launch 1Password 3, and go to Settings > Database > Backup & Restore.
    3. On your computer, launch your browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc.) and type in the top address supplied in 1Password 3.
    4. Click the linked file in the Backup section to download it to your computer. You may wish to drag the file onto your Desktop so you can find it easily.

Now, you should upgrade to iOS 9 on your iPhone. Once you do that, follow the guide here to migrate the data from 1Password for iOS 3.7.2 to 6.0: https://support.1password.com/upgrade-ios/

This discussion has been closed.