I run 10.9 mac at home and use windows at work. I keep my iOS devices up to date. how Sync?

I'm worried about not being able to run the application at work, with firewalls that are strict. I don't want to upgrade at home to Yosemite. Is this an issue to use dropbox sync but buy the latest 1password app?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:ios/requirements, ug:ios/apple-watch-setup, ug:ios/sync-with-dropbox, ug:ios/index, kb:icloud-faq

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 2015

Hi @dandorch,

It is possible your work PC won't let you sync via Dropbox since it needs Internet access. I'm not sure how or what you can use without knowing how your work network is set up.

Does your work use any syncing services of their own? Some companies allow OneDrive or Box while disallowing Dropbox.

What you can do is use what is allowed at work to sync between your Work PC and Mac while using Wi-Fi sync between your home Mac and your iOS devices. This is a common situation for our 1Password users at work and it usually works in this hybrid setup.

Would this work for you and if yes, let me know what sync service you can use at work and we'll figure out the best configuration for you.

• dandorch
    dandorch
    Community Member

Thanks for the fast reply. Work won't allow anything so I can set it up on home computer and wifi sync. I like that idea. Do I have to use the latest version of Mac OS then? I really don't want to upgrade the system...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dandorch: 1Password 5 requires either Yosemite or El Capitan, and that's the best option. Wi-Fi Sync is available in 1Password 4 (which will run on Mavericks), and while it may work to sync between the old version of 1Password for Mac and the current version of 1Password for iOS, it isn't supported or recommended.

And just to clarify, Wi-Fi Sync is designed to work between a single computer and one or more mobile devices. It sounds like the company policy may really be a hindrance.

This discussion has been closed.