Failed to activate 1password using the license number

I failed to activate 1password using the license number after reinstall my windows. It said that Error parsing response from server...... I feel so bad.... Also, checking for updates has some problem as well.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Professional
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:reinstall system, kb-search:error prasing, kb-search:error parsing

Comments

• Hi @Acture,

That means there's an interference when establishing a secure connection from 1Password to our servers; it is usually caused by a proxy, VPN, or an anti-malware solution.

If you do have a proxy, make sure to configure it first in 1Password's network settings via the File Menu > Preferences > Network. After this, try again, it should work.

If not, are you in a VPN or at a work network?

For the anti-malware solution, try disabling it temporarily or exclude 1Password from its protection and see if that'll fix the issue.

• Acture
    Acture
    Community Member

Hi, Mike.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate.

It was my anti-malware software. It blocked 1password and I ignored its notification.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the update. On behalf of MikeT, you are most welcome! It can certainly become a habit to just click those, after all. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.