Master password broken?

I have 1password 1.0.5.177 installed on my Windows XP machine running Chrome 12.0.742.112

I haven't updated anything for a while. The Chrome plugin has been working fine, but today it tells me the master password is incorrect. I can launch the desktop client and the master password works fine. I have stopped/restarted chrome, made sure my caps lock is not on, etc. etc. I know I am entering the correct password in the chrome plugin.

I am also using DropBox for synching the 1password files, but like I said, the desktop client works fine.

Suggestions?

Comments

• shhQuiet wrote:

I have 1password 1.0.5.177 installed on my Windows XP machine running Chrome 12.0.742.112

I haven't updated anything for a while. The Chrome plugin has been working fine, but today it tells me the master password is incorrect. I can launch the desktop client and the master password works fine. I have stopped/restarted chrome, made sure my caps lock is not on, etc. etc. I know I am entering the correct password in the chrome plugin.

I am also using DropBox for synching the 1password files, but like I said, the desktop client works fine.

Suggestions?
    Hi sshQuiet,

Please update 1Password to the latest version that includes several improvements to the Chrome extension including your master password issues. You can do this by opening the main 1Password app and go to the Help Menu > Check for New Version. There should be an update for 1.0.6.202.

Please let me know how it turns out. Thanks!

• shhQuiet
    shhQuiet
    Community Member
    MikeT wrote:

Please let me know how it turns out. Thanks!

Works great now, thanks. Turns out my proxy password was incorrect, so it wasn't notifying me of the available update... All is good now.
  • On behalf of Mike, you are very welcome!

I'm glad everything is working normally again.

Cheers!

Brandt
This discussion has been closed.