1 Password 4 Win (Win 10) turns on Narrator and, no matter which way I turn it off, comes on again.

1 Password 4 Win (Win 10) now turns on Win Narrator when logged in. I can turn it off multiple ways, but it still turns back on immediately. How can I turn it off permanently.

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:narrator

Comments

• Hi @JWVee,

We have no control over how Narrator turn on, this isn't something that 1Password is doing. Is it possible the shortcut for turning on Narrator is conflicting with the ones in 1Password?

When you said logged in, do you mean when you unlocked 1Password or do you mean when you turned on your computer and logged into your account?

Have you try adjusting the settings in the traditional Control Panel setting for Narrator instead of the modern Settings app?

Try this:

1. Search Ease of Access Center and open it
    2. Click Change sign-in settings in the left sidebar
    3. Next to Hear text on screen read aloud (Narrator), check the box under the At sign-in column, press Apply
    4. Uncheck the same box, then press Apply again
    5. Close the window and then lock your computer or reboot

Does this resolve the issue?

• JWVee
    JWVee
    Community Member

Embarrassing, I had remapped a shortcut from Mac per Parallels to Win 10, which caused the issue every time I opened opened 1 Password in Windows. Took me hours to figure this out, but your reply was really on the money and really pointed to the same problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No need to be embarrassed! Frankly, if I were you, I'd just be relieved that there wasn't something crazy going on with Windows! :lol:

Thanks for following up. On behalf of MikeT, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.