My laptop was reimaged. I re downloaded 1password.

I attempted to add my product key. It said it was working on it. Never did anything. I attempted to check for new versions and got some kind of error..."Unknown_ca: a valid certificate chain or partial chain was received, but the certificate was not accepted because the CA certificate could not be located or matched with a known, trusted CA."

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:reinstall 1password, kb:lost-license

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bmaclaff: Sorry for the confusion! As you can imagine, 1Password needs to be very strict about what it connects to. We don't want you to fall prey to someone spoofing the connection to steal your license key or download a malicious app.

Now, there may be no cause for alarm as (unfortunately) 'security' software will often break the chain of trust by installing their own certificates, so that would be the first place I'd check, as that would cause the error you're seeing: 1Password won't ignore a certificate error. Another possibility is the date and time, which will invalidate the SSL handshake if it is off. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

This discussion has been closed.