Saving login info from pop up window

Ok, time to revisit this issue. According to a thread from Oct 2014, it was suggested that creating an application logon might allow 1Password work with pop up logon windows. Well, I'm trying this with the 4.6 trial version. I finding that this will not work. When I try to get the URL as instructed, all I get in Firefox is 'Mozilladialogclass' for the URL. For iE I get '#32770'. Which doesn't look like that will work.

I really, really need this to work if I'm going to attempt a conversion from Roboform 7.9 to 1Password.

Any other thoughts how to get this to work? Am I overlooking installing an extension?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DoctorBrown: Sorry for the confusion! It is common that apps will have some really weird, nondescript, or even blank window IDs, but 9 times out of 10 it will work. Just try it!

However, can you tell my why you'd be trying to use an Auto-Type application login with Firefox or Internet Explorer? You should have better results using the 1Password extension there.

The Internet Explorer add-on is installed by default when you install 1Password, but depending on your settings you may have to enable it in the browser itself:

Enabling the Internet Explorer add-on

Also verify that it is checked in 1Password File > Preferences > Browsers, and you can also click the button there for Firefox to install it as well.

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

This discussion has been closed.