Purchasing this week

Hello,
My wife uses Norton identity safe, I use a pc at home and an Iphone on the go, I utilize one drive on both. What I see from what Norton does is she has an external hard drive, when she hooks it to the computer Norton launches and she types one password in it opens and all passwords credit cards and other information can be used on the pc....., I would like to know how your program stacks up to that.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:pc at home, iphone on the go I

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @brianwillems ,

I'll let the AgileBits folks address your pre-purchase question.

I will point you to the Norton Identity Safe converter available in this converter suite, so you may more easily export - convert - import your stored data into 1Password.

• brianwillems
    brianwillems
    Community Member

Mr. C wanted to say thank you for the converter.

• brianwillems
    brianwillems
    Community Member

Maybe I posted this in the wrong section? I had asked Norton and had an almost immediate reply. I'm a little at a loss why I haven't been able to get the pros and cons between the 2 from here. If I am in the wrong section someone please let me know.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @brianwillems,

Apologies for the delay in response. I've moved this thread from the Lounge to the Windows forum where it may get a better response from our Windows experts. I'm not familiar with Norton Identity Safe, but I do believe that the use case you've described (with external hard drive) is indeed possible with 1Password. It's also possible to sync your 1Password data across devices using Dropbox.

Here's an overview of the features of 1Password for Windows, which you can download for a free 30-day trial to take it for a spin. If you have any other questions, we'll be happy to answer them as best we can. Cheers!

• brianwillems
    brianwillems
    Community Member

What are the odds, red hair, happens to be my favorite color!. Vee wanted to say thank you, I have looked for about 2 months now at different password managers and so forth. It basically has come down to 1password and Norton. I have downloaded 1password onto my iphone and I am exploring. Will download onto the pc and play with it tomorrow. Wich package would you recommend if I were to purchase

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome, @brianwillems! Red hair just happens to be my favorite color, too! Ha. ;)

If you'd only be using 1Password on Windows and iOS, then you'd really only need to purchase a single Windows license. The iOS app is free with basic features, as you've noticed, with the optional one-time in-app purchase to unlock Pro Features, which provides a bit more in the way of organization options, including more categories and multiple vaults.

And to keep your data in sync across both platforms, I'd recommend Dropbox, as I mentioned before, or Wi-Fi sync.

• brianwillems
    brianwillems
    Community Member

Ok that reminds me, I use one drive and it works with both my iPhone and the pc. Does 1password work with onedrive as well?

• HI @brianwillems,

Not at the moment, it only supports Dropbox and Wi-Fi sync between your iPhone and the PC. However, you can use OneDrive to sync your 1Password data between computers while using one of the PCs to serve as the Wi-Fi server for your mobile devices.

We'd like to add OneDrive support to the iOS app in the future but no timeframe on that. We're working on supporting it for the 1Password for Windows 10 beta app at the moment if you use a Windows 10 Mobile device.

This discussion has been closed.