What are licence arrangements for family using windows computer and phone

What licence do I need to buy for my wife and I to use 1password windows desktop and UWP app for windows phone? ie 2 people using 2 laptops and 2 phones. Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:import-lastpass, kb-search:licence, kb:license-requirements, kb-search:licence, kb:license-requirements

Comments

• Hi @teal_oak,

The short answer is you need a purchase of one Windows license for both you and your wife and you can use it any number of PCs you guys use at any location.

The single license for the desktop programs includes the ability to share the same license with up to 5 family members of the same household in addition to yourself. It is total of 6 users for an unlimited amount of computers as long as the 1Password users on these computers are the users on the license. We do not keep track of activations, so no need to worry about de-activating old computers, just use the same license on new computers.

As for the phones, we don't have any details on that yet, the Windows 10 UWP app is our first app and we haven't decided yet what it will cost or how it will work with the family sharing model in the Windows Store. It will likely cost the same as our other mobile apps on iOS and Android and it should contain the same 6 family member sharing policy if Windows Store allows that.

• teal_oak
    teal_oak
    Community Member

Thanks. Do you mean 1 licence to include myself and wife or one licence for me and 1 for wife? Would we share the same opvault file ?

• MikeT
    edited December 2015

Hi @teal_oak,

Do you mean 1 licence to include myself and wife or one licence for me and 1 for wife?

One total license for both you and your wife.

The maximum family members for one license is 6 in the same household. If you have 12 members living in the same house, it is 2 licenses that is required for all of them.

Would we share the same opvault file ?

That is up to you, 1Password does support multiple vaults, so you can share one vault for family use and one for your own use. Your wife can create her own vault and switch to the shared family vault when needed.

This discussion has been closed.