My 1password application quits every time I try to import a .pif file. How can I fix it?

Options

I'm trying to import an exported pif file with my password information in it, and I get as far as telling 1password which file I'd like to import. As soon as I click "start import," the whole program shuts down.

I'm running 1password 3.8.2 on Yosemite 10.10.5.

1Password Version: 3.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password shutting down when I try to import

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@l_sakala as your post relates to 1P3 for Mac I have moved the post from the 1Password for Mac forum to the 1P3 legacy forum where you will get more help.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @l_sakala,

Unfortunately you've stumbled upon one of the incompatibilities updates to OS X has caused in 1Password 3 for Mac. This and other things to be aware of from changes in the supported browsers and OS X can be found in 1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X. There isn't a solution to allow 1Password 3 to import in Yosemite I'm afraid, the libraries are moved, gone or simply changed beyond 1Password 3's ability to use them (likely the latter).

If you need to only import once you could use the trial period of 1Password 5 to import the items and have 1Password 5 sync those changes back to your 1Password 3 vault but it might be worth considering if an upgrade to 1Password 5 would be beneficial.

If you have any questions at all please do ask.

This discussion has been closed.