Notes and attachments

flinchlock
flinchlock
Community Member
edited December 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have been using KeePass since 2009 and have a couple hundred entries and each entry has a Note area where I store what the secret questions are. (I make up different answers that are not really true for me.)

I am going to get my wife to stop keeping her passwords in a secret file called “Physics.doc” that anyone can read!

By combining all our passwords into a single program (that has sync features), either one of us will be able to manage when the inevitable comes.

I have looked at Lastpass and it does have a Note area for each login/password account.

It looks like 1Password4 does not really have a easy to use Note area for each login/password account.

The attachment process seems way too complicated and the Secure Notes are not associated with a login/password account.

I really like 1P, but no easy to use Note area might be a deal breaker for me.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: not installed
OS Version: Windows 7 Home x64
Sync Type: My local NAS server
Referrer: kb:missing-extension-button, kb:recover-unsaved-password, kb-search:attachment

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited December 2015

Hi @flinchlock ,

Each entry in 1Password does have a Notes section.

Even better, you can create custom fields for your questions and answers. To do so, Add a new Section, and then from that section, Add new fields of the type you need (probably Text for questions, and Password for Answers (passwords are hidden text).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@flinchlock: It looks like MrC has pretty much covered it, but I wanted to acknowledge that currently the Notes section is a bit hidden. We'd like to make it more discoverable in a future version of 1Password, along with more general improvements to editing. Thanks so much for bringing this up! Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions. :)

• flinchlock
    flinchlock
    Community Member

Thanks @MrC and @brenty !

I missed the Notes section in Edit. (A senior moment, just like the song "Old and in the Way".)

Also, thanks for the details about adding a section.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad that helped. Be sure to reach out if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.