Firefox Extension Won't Install

When I try to install the 1Password Firefox extension I get a message that says "1Password could not be installed becasue it is not compatable with Firefox 38.0.5". I've tried the current release version of the extension & the Beta version.

Is there a trick to installing the Firefox Extension?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: Current & Beta
OS Version: Win 8.1
Sync Type: Local

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rjolicoeur: Sorry for the confusion! You seem to be running an old version of Firefox for some reason, and of course the current 1Password extension requires the latest version of Firefox which supports extension signing. You can get it at Mozilla's Firefox website.

Some folks using an old version of 1Password and the extension would need to use Firefox 38, but since you're using the current version of 1Password you probably don't need to...and it will work best with everything updated. I hope this helps! :)

• rjolicoeur
    rjolicoeur
    Community Member

That was it . . . I had Firefox setup to automatically install updates but apparently that was jammed up. -Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.