Upgrade Version 1.0.9.342

I understand that since I purchased 1Password in May 2013, I should be eligible for a free upgrade to version 4 which I need for Firefox version 42. When I enter in my license key, it tells me that the cost of the upgrade is $24.99. It doesn't make any sense to me since it says on your website it is free. I would have upgraded a long time ago, however, every time I check via the Help tab on the program itself, it says I have the most recent version. I use 1Password on my Windows 10 computer and my iPad Air 2 and iphone 5S. Also, I would like to know how to install it on my husband's computer - I believe I have a license for multiple installations - would he use a separate vault? Do we use the same log in?

1Password Version: 1.0.9.342
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @kkarin,

When I enter in my license key, it tells me that the cost of the upgrade is $24.99.

The store is incorrect in this case, you definitely have a free upgrade you can use. We plan to overhaul the store in the future to make it smarter. Right now, it does not understand the free upgrade timeframe. However, your license key will automatically be accepted in 1Password 4 for Windows when you register it.

however, every time I check via the Help tab on the program itself, it says I have the most recent version.

That's normal, the built-in updater is only meant to update you to the free minor updates, it doesn't check for major version upgrades. You would have to install 1Password 4 separately and once it looks good, you can then uninstall the previous version.

Here's how you can upgrade: https://support.1password.com/upgrade-windows/

Also, I would like to know how to install it on my husband's computer - I believe I have a license for multiple installations - would he use a separate vault? Do we use the same log in?

You can share the same single license with up to 5 family members of the same household, in addition to yourself for total of 6 users. Each user can install 1Password on any number of PCs as long as they're the 1Password user on them.

In addition, each user is free to use 1Password however they want, the data does not have to be shared but you can switch between a shared family vault and a personal vault for each person. 1Password supports multiple vaults.

There is no such thing as 1Password login, we do not store your data on our servers, all data is stored locally on your devices and it is encrypted by your master password for the data. So, if you create a family vault that you want to sync between all family members, you would need to tell them the password for the vault while you keep your master password in your mind for your private vault.

This discussion has been closed.