Adding 2 factor logins

I have 1Password for Windows and Android. Up to now I always used Authy for my 2 step verification (Google, Dropbox, Microsoft, etc). Today I read it should be possible to use 1PW for that as well, which would be perfect!

However no matter how I search for this feature, I can't seem to find it.

I went to my Google login, clicked edit, then add 1 time password but I can't seem to add a time based password.

In Android, I don't see this option at all, I should be able to scan a barcode, right?

Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

1Password Version: 4.6.0.492
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Sophia,

You need to go through the process of setting it up again with your site. They can give you the secret for you to enter in the One-time Password field once you asked for the non-bar code version. Here's an example of how it looks with Dropbox: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/213943/#Comment_213943

Once you have the secret, you can put it in the secret field when clicking on the icon next to the One-time Password field:

If you don't see the One-time Password field, it is appended when you click on Add on bottom right:

There is no QR scanner yet on Windows, it's something we want to add in a future update. The Android app doesn't either at the moment. We're working on improving all the apps to match up to the OS X and iOS quality of inputting TOTP via QR.

• Sophia
    Sophia
    Community Member

Thank you ever so much, Mike! It worked like a charm 8-) I ALMOST got as far as your screenshot, only thing I missed was that pesky little icon next to the field.

Look forward to the functionality being added to Android as well :)

• You're welcome! You should see the code show up in the Android app once you sync the data from Windows to Android.

• Sophia
    Sophia
    Community Member

Great, it was a bit of a pain to re-enable all those accounts but it only had to be done once. It's nice to eliminate one more step in my logins, you should shout this feature off the rooftops :D I had no idea it existed until I happened to stumble upon an article of a bloke who raved about this :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I like it too. I'm glad you're enjoying the TOTP feature in 1Password! We actually featured TOTP for 1Password for iOS and Windows on our blog earlier. We're also working on updating all of our 1Password for Windows documentation overall. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

• IgorSchneider
    IgorSchneider
    Community Member

There is a hack someone created that modifies the Authy Chrome extension to show you the initial secrets for each account. If you have many accounts in Authy it will save you a lot of pain.

https://www.pommepause.com/2014/10/how-to-extract-your-totp-secrets-from-authy/

It adds a link under each account that shows you the QR Code that you import with the IOS app.

• Thanks for sharing that link and solution, @IgorSchneider.
    It looks like a really neat solution for getting your OTP codes from Authy to 1Password :chuffed:

However, please understand that we can't recommend a hack like this because it modifies an existing extension in a way that might expose the user's OTP secret to others and unfortunately, unless the user is a developer themselves, they have very little means of checking whether the developer of the hack is doing anything nefarious — even if this particular modification seems to be safe.

With that in mind, I will leave the link to the solution up here but be aware that you're using this at your own risk.

This discussion has been closed.