I have 1 P installed on one windows PC and I need to install and sync with a second PC using Dropbox

I have Dropbox installed on both machines. I need to install 1 P on the second PC and sync using Dropbox. The machine with 1 P installed shows Dropbox grayed out and has not sync'd recently. How do I set up the second PC with 1 P and sync with the first?

1Password Version: 4.6.0592
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: Mach 1 W7, Mach 2 W8.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:move-to-dropbox-disabled

Comments

• Hi @cstuckeyjr,

The machine with 1 P installed shows Dropbox grayed out and has not sync'd recently.

It will be grayed out if it is already in your Dropbox folder. You can see the Dropbox folder inside the path above the Move to Dropbox button. Can you confirm that?

What makes you think it hasn't been sync'ed recently?

I need to install 1 P on the second PC and sync using Dropbox.

Once Dropbox is installed on the second PC and is up to date, you can just install 1Password and it'll detect the 1Password folder inside your Dropbox folder. It should prompt to ask you if you want to use it when you open it for the first time.

If not, then it should show you the welcome tour with three options, choose the second one (I've used 1Password before) and point it to the 1Password folder inside your Dropbox directory. You can find this path in that same area above the Move to Dropbox button in 1Password's Preferences > General > 1Password Data on your first PC.

This discussion has been closed.